Were You or a Loved One Seriously Injured in an Underride Crash?
Trust attorney Zach Herschensohn to deliver justice
Whether you or someone you love was injured in an underride crash, attorney Zach Herschensohn can build a strong case on your behalf and get you maximum compensation. The Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC has fought for and won millions in settlements and verdicts for injury victims throughout the Seattle metro area and understands how to win complex cases, including truck accidents. Find out how a knowledgeable and experienced Kent truck accident lawyer can help you. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Underride accidents are among the deadliest and most destructive types of collisions a driver in a passenger vehicle can have with an 18-wheeler. Since trailers on commercial vehicles are raised high above the ground, it allows just enough room for a smaller vehicle to get crushed and pinned underneath, rendering even the most advanced safety features useless. Often fatal, underride accidents frequently sheer the roof off the top of the other vehicle, resulting in horrific crash scenes and unimaginable loss.
You and your family deserve justice. Attorney Zach Herschensohn understands what you want more than anything else are answers. It is also important to remember that you have financial needs not just now, but in the future. If you’re a crash victim who was able to survive an underride accident, odds are you suffered severe injuries – some of which may require extensive physical therapy or long-term care. Attorney Zach Herschensohn can advocate for your best interests and fight to make sure you get the treatment you need and the compensation you deserve.
What factors can cause an underride accident?
There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to an underride accident, and many of them can be traced back to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company. Common factors that can cause an underride accident include:
- Lack of or faulty underride guards: While 18-wheelers are legally required to have rear underride guards, side underride guards are not yet mandatory. Even though some tractor-trailers have underride guards all around, if they are defective, they will offer little or no protection to other drivers.
- Failure to install reflective tape: The majority of underride accidents occur at night, and that’s why many trucking companies choose to apply reflective tape to the side of their semi-truck’s trailer to make it more visible to other drivers. Failure to install or adequately maintain reflective tape on a tractor-trailer can result in an unsuspecting motorist getting wedged underneath in a collision.
- Trucker stopping too quickly: Commercial vehicles can be around 70-80 feet in length and weight up to 40-tons, and most drivers understand that tractor-trailers typically take much longer than a passenger vehicle to slow down or come to a complete stop. If a truck driver is speeding, distracted, fatigued or otherwise driving recklessly, they may unexpectedly stomp on the brakes and cause an underride collision.
- Truck driver pulls into the path of oncoming traffic: If a trucker isn’t careful when making a turn or going through an intersection, the truck driver can pull out into the path of other vehicles and cause a side underride crash.
- Inclement weather: Slippery road conditions due to snow, sleet, ice, and rain can make it extremely difficult for truck drivers to maintain control – but if the trucker is driving recklessly, it only makes it harder. Slick roads are also the perfect condition for a semi-truck to jackknife, which often leads to an underride accident. Heavy rain and thick fog can also cause visibility issues and factor into an underride collision.
Get the compensation you deserve with Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC
Underride collisions are serious accidents that demand serious attention, and if you’re not careful, you may end up losing out on the compensation you’re entitled to. If you were badly injured or a loved one was killed in an underride accident, you can expect to face a lot of challenges. That’s because as you try to recover from the crash or mourn the loss of a family member, you’ll have to deal with multiple parties and insurance companies. The trucking company will initiate its own investigation into the accident and has teams of attorneys ready and waiting to protect its best interests and fight your claim.
Let our law firm level the playing field. Attorney Zach Herschensohn knows how to handle trucking companies and their insurance providers, and he will fight to get you the highest amount of compensation possible. Whether it’s through negotiations with the insurance company, a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death claim, you can count on our law firm to fight for you and your family until the finish. Best of all – you pay nothing unless we win. That’s because we’ll represent you on a contingency fee basis. Discover what Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC can do for you. Contact us today for your free consultation.