Other Cases Kent Personal Injury Attorney Zach Herschensohn Handles
When you’ve been injured, Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC can get you real results
If you’ve been injured in an accident, Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn can protect your rights and advocate for your best interests so you can get maximum financial compensation. The Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC has secured millions in settlements and verdicts for injury victims throughout the Seattle metro area and knows what it takes to build a strong case on your behalf that will command serious attention. Discover what a versatile and experienced Kent personal injury lawyer can do for you. Contact us today for your free consultation.
At Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC, we understand what you’re going through. No matter how you were injured, we’re ready to listen to you, understand your needs, and help you figure out the best course of action to take to get you the compensation you’re entitled to. No two injury victims ever have the same exact circumstances, and that’s why Kent personal injury attorney Zach Herschensohn’s versatility and experience often proves to be valuable.
You put your trust into doctors, physicians, surgeons, and nurses to provide professional and adequate treatment, but sometimes people are seriously injured because of the careless actions of medical providers. Whether you or someone you love suffered harm due to medical malpractice, Attorney Zach Herschensohn can hold them accountable and get you the compensation you’re entitled to.
Common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose / Incorrect diagnosis
- Prescription errors
- Mistakes during surgery
- Birth injuries
- Failure to respond in a timely manner
- Failure to follow up after treatment
- Inadequate counseling
While individuals like doctors and nurses can be held responsible for medical malpractice, it’s also important to realize that hospitals and urgent care centers can have failures as organizations, too. Poor training, failure to follow protocol, having inadequate policies and procedures, and lack of communication can all have consequences and contribute to someone being seriously injured.
Washington state is home to a lot of railroad freight carriers and passenger trains, and railroad accidents, unfortunately, come with the territory. Attorney Zach Herschensohn helps those who were injured in train accidents due to negligence, including accidents involving:
- Poor track maintenance
- Train operator negligence or fatigue
- Defective signaling equipment
- Debris / Equipment left on the train tracks
- Failure to brake
- Railroad or train defects
Railroad accidents are often complicated and involve large corporations who have teams of attorneys ready and waiting to challenge your claim. Level the playing field with Attorney Zach Herschensohn and get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Washington state operates the largest ferry system in the U.S. and is home to a lot of maritime workers, some of whom may need the help of an experienced lawyer if they get injured working out at sea. Attorney Zach Herschensohn represents injured seamen, including those who work on:
- Fishing vessels
- Fish processors
- Ferry boats
- Crab boats
- Other vessels
Maritime accidents can include things such as:
- Slip and falls
- Getting hit by falling objects
- Broken bones
- Diving accidents
Unfortunately, these accidents are often due to the negligence of someone else and can be traced back to broken or defective equipment, failure to repair or maintain equipment, lack of safety equipment, lack of safety training, or by simply overworking tired seamen.
Attorney Zach Herschensohn has the knowledge and experience to handle complex cases involving maritime injuries, including those that involve:
- The Jones Act: This federal law, also known as section 27 of the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, defines the rights of seamen and gives them the power to hold a ship owner, captain or crew legally responsible for damages suffered by the seaman due to negligence. Negligence can include hiring inexperienced or unqualified crewmen, failure to avoid dangerous weather, unseaworthy vessels, failure to maintain safe equipment and more. The Jones Act covers seamen who were injured in work accidents, while living on the vessel, and while leaving or arriving on the boat.
- Maintenance and Cure: Maritime workers who get injured or become sick while on the job are entitled to maintenance and cure benefits – also known as “Seaman’s Benefits.” Regardless of who’s responsible for the injury or illness, the seaman is entitled to receive maintenance and cure benefits from their employer while they recover. Maintenance refers to the room and board of the injured seaman and can cover expenses such as the maritime worker’s rent and food. Cure refers to the seaman’s medical expenses, including the cost of traveling to and from doctor appointments. Injured maritime workers can receive maintenance and cure benefits until they are cleared and discharged by a doctor.
- Marine Construction: The Seattle metro area is a hub of marine construction as ports, marinas and bridges are continuously being built, maintained and expanded. Working near the water poses a serious risk to contractors, as tides, currents, waves and swells can cause an accident that results in severe injury or death. Marine construction workers are constantly around dangerous apparatus and are also at risk of getting hurt in a transportation accident or a slip and fall incident.
If you’ve suffered a maritime injury or illness, it’s important to understand your rights. Kent attorney Zach Herschensohn has successfully represented injured seamen and routinely gets maritime workers the compensation they deserve. If you’re the family member of a maritime worker who was fatally injured, Herschensohn Law can also help you with a wrongful death claim.
Let Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC fight for you
After you’ve been injured, it’s important to understand your legal rights. Depending on how you were injured, trying to navigate Washington’s unique laws or dealing with the insurance company often proves to be a tall task. You’re injured, you’re in pain, and you need help.
Let our law firm guide you. Attorney Zach Herschensohn is a powerful advocate who will listen to you, answer your questions, explain your legal options, and give you honest advice on whether or not he thinks your case is worth pursuing. Best of all, we help clients on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay anything unless we win. It’s that simple. Learn how Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC can help you. Contact us today for your free consultation.