What Are the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Kent motorcycle accident lawyer Zach Herschensohn helps injured riders
Research shows that the majority of motorcyclists who get into crashes suffer some kind of injury. If you’re a rider who was hurt in a crash because of someone else, Kent motorcycle accident attorney Zach Herschensohn can help you get the medical care you need and the financial compensation you deserve. The Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC has secured millions in settlements and verdicts for injury victims throughout the Seattle metro area and understands how to win claims involving common motorcycle accident injuries. Get a knowledgeable and experienced Kent motorcycle accident lawyer in your corner. Contact us today for your free consultation.
By their very nature, motorcycles are dangerous. While there’s a feeling of freedom that comes with riding a motorcycle, that same freedom is what make motorcyclists so vulnerable to serious injury. Motorcycles are smaller and much less crash-resistant than larger passenger vehicles. Riders have little to no protection between them and the road, and when collisions occur, the results are often devastating.
Common injuries from motorcycle accidents
Every year, thousands of motorcyclists are badly injured or killed in preventable accidents, simply because they aren’t as protected as other motorists. Some of the most common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and brain injuries: Motorcyclists frequently sustain serious head and brain injuries in accidents, including:
- Skull fractures
- Head contusions
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
It only takes one blow to the head to suffer a severe head or brain injury that changes your life forever. Even riders who use helmets are at risk, though wearing headgear is your best option for preventing a head or brain injury in the event of a crash.
- Road rash: Rough pavement is unforgiving on skin, so when a motorcyclist goes down in a crash, one of the most common injuries they get is road rash. A painful injury that can become infected if not properly treated, road rash happens when the rider’s skin is scraped off by skidding across the asphalt.
- Fractured and broken bones: Whether it’s from the impact of the collision or the weight of a motorcycle falling on top of you, riders often experience fractured or broken bones in accidents. Typical injuries include fractured or broken hands, wrists, arms, clavicle, ribs, legs, pelvis, and feet. In some severe accidents, limbs may be torn off or damaged so badly that amputation is required.
- Neck and back injuries: Your back and neck make up a large, vulnerable area that can be easily damaged in a crash. Common injuries include herniated discs, fractured vertebrae, spinal cord injuries, soft tissue injuries, and in some tragic cases, partial or permanent paralysis.
- Biker’s arm: It’s natural to brace for impact with your arms extended but doing so can cause a condition called biker’s arm, which is nerve damage to the rider’s arms. Common symptoms of biker’s arm include weakness, numbness, and a painful burning or throbbing sensation where the nerve damage occurred.
- Internal organ damage: Any of your internal organs can be damaged in a motorcycle accident. Some of the most common injuries you can sustain to your organs include lacerated kidneys, collapsed lung, ruptured abdominal aorta, lacerated liver, ruptured spleen, and internal bleeding.
Stay focused on your recovery. Let Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC fight for you.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to make sure your needs are met – both in the short and long term. Imagine taking a cash settlement from the insurance company and then figuring out once it’s too late that it doesn’t come close to covering all your accident-related expenses. Or even worse, picture being badly injured in a crash caused by someone else and having the insurance company argue the accident was your fault. It happens all the time.
Let our law firm handle everything. Kent motorcycle accident attorney Zach Herschensohn isn’t afraid of a confrontation with the insurance company and will fight to get you the highest amount of compensation possible. Best of all? We’ll represent you on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing unless we win. It’s that easy. Find out what Herschensohn Law Firm, PLLC can do for you. Contact us today for your free consultation.